Cooking a pizza from scratch sounds like way too much work, so you decide on having a frozen pizza. You may have just come across a delicious-looking frozen pizza from pizzerias like Pizza Bien and have 3 am cravings! However, you don’t have an oven. Will it be possible to enjoy the frozen pizza?
If you don’t have an oven, baking a pizza may sound like a difficult task. However, we’re here to tell you all about how to cook a frozen pizza without an oven in 3 easy ways.
With the mighty stovetop, toaster oven, and grill, you can almost bake any pizza at home. If you’re looking to reheat your pizza, you can find the process and the details attached with each cooking method. We’ll also be discussing ways you can customize a frozen pizza all by yourself!
Hence, without any further ado, let’s start.
Cooking Frozen Pizza Without An Oven: What Will I Need?
Pizza is all about mastering techniques. Whether you’re using a stovetop or an oven doesn’t matter as long as you have your technique right.
Therefore, we’ve prepared an article consisting of the three best methods of how to cook frozen pizza without an oven. If you have a toaster oven, convection grill, or stovetop - you’ll be able to satisfy your cravings and start cooking a frozen pizza in no time!
1. How To Cook Frozen Pizza in Toaster Oven
You want to bake a pizza, but you don’t have a conventional oven. However, you have a toaster oven lying around. Not a problem at all! Now, you’ll be able to cook a pizza without the worry of missing an oven.
Toaster ovens are generally used for baking toasts and melting cheesy items. But the good news is, when you get a frozen pizza, you can put it in the toaster oven without any worry. Even if your pizza says, “DO NOT USE TOASTER OVEN,” it’s essentially fine to use one as long as you know what you’re doing with it.
With the use of a toaster oven, you’ll get the perfect frozen pizza every time. It’s a “plug and play” situation, and no gas is required. They’re perfect for any compact space, and they’re affordable too!
- Toaster Oven
- Frozen pizza of your choice
- Pizza pan
- Two tablespoons of oil of your choice
- Baking sheet (Optional)
Step By Step Procedure on How To Cook Frozen Pizza in Toaster Oven
- Preheat Your Toaster Oven: At first, you’ll want to preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 215 degrees celsius, depending on your toaster settings.
- Prepare Your Ingredients: While your toaster oven preheats, you can unpack your box of frozen pizza. Take a pizza pan and use any oil of your choice to coat the base, so the pizza doesn’t stick. Next, place the pizza on top of it. Placing it directly on the toaster oven grill will result in your pizza burning. You can also use a baking sheet on top of the pan if you want.
- Start Baking: After the toaster oven has successfully been preheated, you can place your pizza pan inside your toaster oven. Now, bake it for 15 minutes, more or less, depending on your convection. If the crust starts to brown and the cheese starts bubbling, that’s when you know it’s time to take it out.
Now, you can enjoy baking your frozen pizza in a convection toaster oven. Enjoy the deliciousness!
Tip: You can reheat your pizza in a toaster oven while setting it on medium power and warming it up for one or two cycles. Warm, toasty pizza will be right at your service!
2. How to Cook Pizza In Stovetop
When we think about cooking almost anything, the first option that naturally comes to mind is a stovetop cooking method. Almost everyone has a stove, and it’s always a zero-fail method.
Cooking frozen pizza on a stovetop is an easy process that requires the least amount of materials. However, you do need some time on your hands to check on the pizza while it cooks, or else it may burn or end up soggy.
You can use almost any pan of your choice. However, an aged and flavored iron skillet will be the best choice for this process.
- Iron skillet/non-stick pans
- Two tablespoons of oil of your choice
Step By Step Procedure on How To Cook Frozen Pizza in Stovetop
- Prepare Your Materials: Firstly, you must unwrap your frozen pizza and place it on an oiled pan. Make sure the diameters of the pan are fully coated with oil, or it may burn your pizza.
- Start Cooking: Place your frozen pizza pan on the stove on medium to high heat for the first five minutes. Then, shift onto medium to low settings and cook until the cheese has melted and the sides have started to brown. Put the lid on the pizza while it’s baking, so the cheese gets enough heat to melt.
- Enjoy Your Pizza: Once the Pizza is done, you can take it out off the stove and serve.
Hence, you can enjoy your delicious stove top frozen pizza without any oven now.
Tip: When reheating your pizza, make sure to put the lid on and keep the heat low for 4-5 minutes. This will distribute the heat evenly without burning your pizza.
3. How To Cook Frozen Pizza On Grill
Caution: When you attempt to make a grilled pizza, it may be a disaster at first. However, there’s no need to worry. With a little bit of practice and time, you’ll be able to master the fine method of cooking a frozen pizza on the grill.
With this simply explained cooking method, you may even be able to pull it off perfectly, even the first time, without messing up. With most people, the issue of baking a pizza on a grill is the crust being too soft and the toppings falling out of it.
Tip: You can get a pizza grill pan, which can ease up the process for you.
- Frozen pizza of your choice
- Pizza grill pan (optional)
Step By Step Procedure on How To Cook Frozen Pizza on Grill
- Start Prepping: First, you’ll have to preheat your grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 215 degrees celsius. Ensure that the lid stays close to retain the temperature underneath. Unpack your frozen pizza in the meanwhile and get ready to place it on top of the grill once it is preheated.
- Start Grilling: You can always check the back of the frozen pizza packaging to ensure proper cooking times. However, we recommend you rotate your pizza every 5 minutes to even cook on all the sides. In total, it should take you no longer than 20 minutes.
- Enjoy Your Pizza: Once your Pizza is done, take it off the grill and enjoy. Your pizza should be beautifully cooked throughout.
How To Customize Your Frozen Pizza
With our easy and simple steps, you should be able to bake almost any frozen Pizza by now. Even better - you can add your customization skills to use and bake a frozen pizza that almost tastes homemade.
You can use the following tips to add a little zing and pep to your frozen pizza.
- Season The Crust: Most frozen pizzas tend to have bland crusts. Before cooking it, brush up some oil and add some seasonings like salt, pepper, herbs, and more according to your choice. It’ll add your touch to the crust while making it more flavorsome.
- Add Toppings: Many frozen pizzas tend to skimp out on the toppings. You can easily choose to put healthy pizza topping combinations on your frozen pizza to give it an extra zing of freshness!
- Drizzle Sauce: Frozen pizzas tend to dry out. Try drizzling any sauce of your choice to your pizza to make it taste a thousand times better. You can use flavored oyster sauce, barbeque sauce, chili sauce, and more to give your frozen pizza a different taste.
- Dump Some Cheese: Everyone loves cheese! How can more cheese on your frozen not be delicious? Therefore, you can shred any cheese of your choice to revamp your bland frozen pizza into a fresh cheese fiesta!
- Sprinkle Herbs: Herbs can provide an excellent aroma to your pizza and make it fresher than ever. You can add oregano, paprika, parsley, basil, oregano, and a lot more to your frozen pizza to make it even better!
Practice makes perfect. To achieve perfection in any cooking method, you need to invest your time and effort into it. Hence, even if the first time cooking a frozen pizza without an oven doesn’t work out for you, don’t give up hope!
If you like a homemade taste, you’ll definitely likePizzaBien’s authentic Neapolitan pizzas. They’re made from the freshest ingredients, and they’re suitable for almost any diet! Make sure to give them a try; we’re certain you’ll fall in love with their plant-based pizzas!
Hence, we hope our article has helped you understand how to cook frozen pizza without an oven in 3 easy ways. Till the next time, happy feasting!
Our delicious pizzas are handmade with all-natural of high quality and fresh ingredients in Italy delivered straight to you, anywhere in the U.S. Free Shipping to most locations. Click Here to Buy Now!