Pizza is the perfect food. It’s convenient, delicious, and flexible and everyone in the World loves it. You can add multiple condiments and change up some ingredients to make the pizza of your dreams. So, if today is your pizza night and Netflix chill day, come along as we help you make an amazing homemade pizza with store-bought dough.
You want to know how to make homemade pizza with store-bought dough right? Don’t fret, we will take you through each and every step of the process in this blog article. Be ready to get your hands dirty but also to enjoy the perfect pizza of your dreams. With our recipe, you can now enjoy your pizza with your favorite toppings, sauces, and cheese. We hope that these tips and instructions help you cook up the best pizza for the night. Let’s roll, shall we?
So, what is the best part of a pizza? The crust is right, duh, obviously. So, when you make homemade pizza with store-bought dough, you need to put extra emphasis on cooking the right crust. Now, how do we do that? The key to the best crust lies in multiple factors. The type of dough you buy, the amount of oil you use, and of course how you cook them. We will give you some tips for the same.
- Get the right dough
People often just walk into the refrigerated section and kind of pick the first dough available. Don’t do that. Always make sure to read through the ingredients list of the pizza dough and find the best one for you. It’s often noted that some store-bought doughs are sweet with sugar. So, if that is not your preference, you might have to keep a lookout.
- Use the right amount of oil
The best tip while spreading the dough is to oil your hands beforehand. This way you can prevent any sticking of dough and have a less messy process of spreading the dough and pinching the edges together.
- Keep an eye on the cooking time
It’s a common mistake to overcook the dough. Any time more than 10 minutes, the dough is bound to become harder and stiff. The crust is supposed to be airy, light, and chewy. So, make sure to not overcook the dough.
That is it!! You are all set. If you crave some delicious pizza and you are done delivering them, the best way is to opt for making homemade pizza with store-bought dough. It is much easier, more convenient, and takes only about 15-20 minutes to fully prepare. You can add in all your favorite ingredients and make it the way you like. Let us now dive deep into the recipe then.
The recipe for preparing homemade pizza with store-bought dough is right here.
- Pizza dough according to your preference
- Any oil of your choice
- Pizza sauce or pesto
- Toppings you enjoy – mushrooms, peppers, onions, chicken
- Any garnish like basil
- Cheese of your preference
- Condiments like salt, pepper, garlic, and so on.
How to make:
- The prime importance of pizza is to get the crust to be airy and flat. This happens only when the dough is set to rise. The first step is hence, getting the store-bought dough to rest, wrapped in plastic. Let it rise, so it gets the right consistency of pizza dough.
- Once your dough has risen, make sure to cut the dough into two equal halves, preferably for like two small pizzas.
- Now you can start pressing the dough into the surface so there is a breaking down of gluten and this holds on to the ingredients and toppings well.
- Now go ahead and grab a rolling pin to roll the pizza dough into any shape you want. Round is the most sought-after shape, so just roll your preferred shape. You can now poke holes into the crust. Make sure not to dent the pizza dough though.
- Now it’s time to place the dough on a cookie sheet that is thoroughly floured. You can also brush some oil on the top and add the right condiments and toppings of your choice.
- Make sure to prebake the crust before adding all the toppings. This helps the dough remain very crisp and not soggy.
- Go ahead and add in the sauce or pesto according to your preference and shower it with toppings.
- Add in the cheese now on top of all the toppings so it becomes chewy and delicious. Mozzarella cheese is the most sought-after.
- You need to preheat your oven to up to 475 F with a baking sheet already placed in it.
- Place your prepped pizza into the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once it’s golden brown and fully cooked, enjoy this fully loaded homemade pizza with store-bought dough. Serve it hot with some oregano and pepper flakes if you want. Enjoy this delicious meal with friends and family!!
Now that you know how to make homemade pizza with store-bought dough, we will leave you with some tasty tips and notes that could amplify the pizza much more.
- If you find that your dough is much more sticky than you expected, don’t immediately roll it out. It might break the dough. Instead, dust in some more flour into it and then stretch it out.
- Who here likes a soggy crust? Nobody. So always make sure to spread in the sauce before you add toppings. This makes the crust stay crisp.
- So, if you are on a diet or considering eating healthy, make sure to absorb fat from pepperoni or chicken with a paper towel beforehand.
- Basil leaves or oregano are supposed to be the last ingredients to be put on the pizza. They are garnishes, so make sure you follow them.
- Excess oil dripping down from the pizza while it’s cooking is a huge mess. In order to avoid that make sure to place another pan underneath the cooking pan so that the oil is collected there.
Who doesn’t love a good pizza? Now you can make your own at your own time with store-bought dough. This recipe shared in the blog is easy and very convenient to follow. No fancy equipment is required. Just some time of yours and voila a great delicacy made right at your home. I think that this detailed guide on how to make homemade pizza with the store-bought dough will help you throughout.
We at Pizza Bien are constantly striving to bring in the best, amazing pizzas for you. All our ingredients are from Naples, Italy. To place an order click here now!