Is your pizza dough too dense or too dry? If you're looking for a delicious, easy-to-make pizza dough that won't give you any trouble, look no further than the Blackstone pizza dough recipe.
This recipe is perfect for those who want homemade pizzas but don't have the time or energy to make traditional Italian-style pizza dough.
This Blackstone Pizza Dough is the best you can make in your Blackstone Pizza Oven; it's light, airy, crisp, and flavorful. The foundation upon which to build your dream pizza!
Read on to learn more about this recipe, its pros and cons, and tips for making your pizza as delicious as possible!
Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe: Quick Overview
The Blackstone pizza dough recipe is quite simple and easy to follow. It requires three main ingredients: all-purpose flour, salt, and olive oil.
Check which four will be best for pizza dough: bread or pizza flour.
All you have to do is mix the flour and salt in a bowl, then add the olive oil until it forms a nice dough ball. Next, knead it on a floured surface for five minutes and let it rest for 30 minutes before rolling it out to the desired size.
Once rolled out, top with sauce and your favorite toppings before baking in a preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredients of Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe
- Flour, All Purpose 5 cups
- Salt, Table 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil, Olive, or Vegetable 2 tablespoons
- Sugar, Granulated 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Yeast, Active Dry 3/4 teaspoon
- Water, warm 1 1/2 cups
- Extra Flour and Cornmeal for rolling out the pizza crust
Process of Making Blackstone Pizza Dough
- Get together everything you need for the pizza dough recipe from Blackstone. Although mixing the dough by hand is an option, I recommend using a kitchen mixer.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, milk, oil (vegetable or olive oil), and active dry yeast on a low speed.
- For this, you can either use a flat paddle or a dough hook. Add the heated water to the dry ingredients for the Blackstone pizza dough and mix for about 2 minutes on low until a smooth dough forms.
- Prepare a big bowl by spraying it with frying oil. Place the dough in a basin and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Let the pizza dough rise for about 2 hours, or until it has doubled in size, in a warm spot (I prefer to sit the bowl on the back of my stove).
To keep the dough from drying out, place a thick towel over the bowl and the back of the oven panel and heat the oven to its warm setting.
For optimal proofing results, you can do this as early as the first hour after the pizza dough has been mixed. The dough for the pizza should rise until it's doubled in size.
How To Cook Frozen Pizza On Blackstone Griddle?
Yes! A frozen pizza can be heated up and cooked on a Blackstone griddle. Here are measures to take.
Accessories for Cooking Pizza on Blackstone Griddle
- Pizza Peel
- Pizza Dome
- Pizza Wheel
- Infrared Food Thermometer
- A Grill Apron
Cooking frozen pizza on a Blackstone griddle can be an easy and delicious way to enjoy a quick meal. Before you begin, make sure the pizza is thawed out by taking it out of the fridge ahead of time and leaving it at room temperature for about 20-25 minutes.
- After it's thawed, preheat your griddle to 400 degrees Fahrenheit using the temperature control knob on the side.
- Place your frozen pizza in the center of your skillet and cover it with a pizza dome. Let it cook for at least five to seven minutes or until you see bubbles forming around the edges.
- After achieving a nice golden-brown color, turn down the heat on your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for even heat distribution and cook for another four to six minutes – this should finish cooking your frozen pizza perfectly.
Once cooked, you can remove the pizza from the griddle with a spatula or other tool that won't damage your grill's surface.
Be careful when transferring the pizza, so all toppings stay intact and don't break apart during transport. Serve up warm slices of pizza right away! Before grilling again, fire up some oil on your Blackstone griddle and clean off any remaining pieces of food stuck to its cooking surface afterward. This will ensure your next frozen pizza cooks just as great as the first one!
Do You Need To Use A Pizza Stone On Blackstone Griddle?
A lot of people might say that you don't need a pizza stone when cooking pizza on a Blackstone Griddle, but I would disagree. A pizza stone helps to evenly distribute the heat and cook the pizza more evenly overall.
It also helps to give the crust a nice crispy texture. Some people like to use a metal pan when cooking pizza on a griddle, but the stone helps to create a tastier crust. If you're looking for the best possible results, I would recommend using a pizza stone.
Here you will find 5 differences between pizza stone and pan.
Why Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe Is Special?
The main advantage of using the Blackstone pizza dough recipe is that it's quick and easy to make.
The ingredients are inexpensive and can be found in most grocery stores or online. Additionally, this pizza dough does not require long proofing times as other traditional recipes do; simply kneading it for five minutes will be enough for it to rise properly when baked in an oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
On the other hand, some people may find this dough too dense or dry if not prepared correctly. Therefore, paying attention while making this recipe and adjusting measurements accordingly if needed is essential.
Tips & Tricks
One way to ensure that your Blackstone pizza comes out perfectly every time is by adding a bit more olive oil than what’s recommended in the recipe (about 1 tablespoon extra). This will help keep the crust from becoming too dry during baking.
Additionally, experimentation with different flours (such as whole wheat or rye) may yield interesting results! Finally, don’t forget to preheat your oven before baking so that your pizzas come out perfectly crisp on both sides!
Making homemade pizzas doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming — just try our Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe! Perfectly balanced with three simple ingredients (all-purpose flour, salt & olive oil).
This recipe produces delicious results every time! This quick & easy recipe produces delicious results! With just a few tips & tricks, you'll be able to make delectable pizzas! Why wait? Get cookin' today!
Our real Italian pizzas from Italy are handmade with all-natural high quality and fresh ingredients in Naples, Italy delivered to you, anywhere in the U.S. Click Here to Buy Now!