Isn’t it really exciting to make your very own Pizza for the weekend? Getting all the ingredients ready, involved in the process of making it from scratch, and enjoying the cooking time. If you are anything like us, then you might love some homemade pizza sauce. This blog article is going to delve deep and provide you with an answer to the question, “How to make pizza sauce from tomato sauce”. Tomato puree and paste can all be used to make amazing pizza sauce that is sure to elevate your pizza. If at you are craving a pizza out of the blue and do not have pizza sauce by hand, try making one from tomato sauce, puree, or paste.
The simplest of ingredients are used to make pizza sauce from tomato sauce. While the majority of us want to pile on the toppings, the key is to keep it simple and not overpower the taste. Hence, it's imperative to make your pizza sauce straightforward and uncomplicated. It is also interesting to note that making your own pizza sauce could be far healthier. So, attention to all fitness junkies out there, try making pizza sauce on your own.
So, the main ingredient in how to make pizza sauce from tomato sauce is of course the sauce. Tomatoes are excellent antioxidants. Helps elevate one’s cardiovascular health, is rich in multiple vitamins, and minerals, and is overall a magic potion. So, in this recipe, we are going to use tomato sauce and even puree. Try to grab organic tomato sauces and puree for this preparation. Always check the label to understand the level of sodium and sugar the sauces contain.
- Tomato sauce: 15 ounces
- Tomato paste: 6 ounces
- garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to make pizza sauce from tomato sauce?
- Mix in both tomato sauce and tomato paste in a bowl. Whisk continuously until both are blended together.
- Always make sure that you are thorough and that no lumps are formed in the sauce.
- Add in garlic powder, salt, sugar, seasoning, pepper, and onion powder. Mix it all together.
- There is no need for any cooking or heat. You can taste the sauce and change in seasoning according to what you like. Then spread it onto your pizza dough and enjoy.
This is one way of making pizza sauce from tomato sauce. It is easy, convenient, and very quick. So, if you don’t have pizza sauce in your hand, don’t make it an excuse for not having the pizza. Grab the tomato sauce and get going. Now you may ask, how to make pizza sauce from tomato paste? What if there is no sauce and only paste? Fear not, we have the perfect recipe for that too. Keep reading.
Making pizza sauce from tomato paste is a very easy and convenient process. Just using some simple ingredients and seasoning you can now make pizza sauce from tomato paste. The sauce is the base of flavor for any pizza. The sauce needs to be the best for the pizza to taste amazing. So, let’s see how to make some tomato sauce from tomato paste.
- Tomato paste
- oregano, thyme, and other Italian seasonings
- Garlic powder
- Olive Oil
How to make pizza sauce from tomato paste?
- Just add tomato paste that is organic into a bowl.
- Add in all the other ingredients mentioned above.
- Mix them thoroughly so that they are all combined well.
- Spread it on the pizza dough and enjoy.
Why use tomato pastes to make pizza sauce at all would be a natural question that arises in your mind. These are some of the reasons:
- It produces a tomato flavor that is exceptionally rich and creamy.
- Tomatoes are the sole component in tomato paste (usually). Thus, there are no preservatives, sweeteners, or salts added. This adds only the necessary flavor to the sauce.
- It is very dense. Although it tastes fantastic thick, you can thin it up a little if you choose to.
You can also use tomato sauce or diced tomatoes if you are short on ingredients. But we advise you to slightly cook them down, reducing them for better flavor. If not, the sauce will end up being watery and make the pizza base much soggier. I love soggy pizza, said no one ever.
Let us move on and get to know how to make pizza sauce from tomato puree. Using different forms of tomato one can cook up pizza sauce and with our recipes, now you can too.
- Tomato puree
- Minced garlic
- Onion chopped finely
- black pepper powder
- Dried oregano
- Oil preferably olive
How to make pizza sauce from tomato puree?
- Heat up a medium pot and add olive oil to it. Let it get heated up and then add minced garlic.
- Wait till the garlic is golden brown and has a great aroma to it. You can now add the chopped onions to this. Cook them until they turn translucent.
- Add the star of the recipe- tomato puree into this. Add in all the seasoning like basil, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper powder, and mix it well.
- Let the sauce simmer down slowly and leave it for around 5 minutes.
- When you feel that the sauce is thick enough, let out the flame and let the pizza sauce cool down completely.
- Pizza sauce is ready to be spread on the pizza dough and enjoyed.
In this blog article, we helped you understand and make amazing pizza sauce from tomato paste, sauce, and puree. Tomatoes are such a versatile element in Italian cooking. So, if at any time there is no pizza sauce and you are craving a homemade pizza, go ahead try out these recipes and make your very own at-home pizza sauce. We guarantee you that it tastes amazing.
For authentic pizzas, great flavors, and ingredients from Naples, visit Pizza Bien. We cater to all your pizza needs. Experience authentic Italian pizzas from Italy. Click Here to Buy Now!