When we think of vegetarian pizza from the new generation, there are many kinds to look out for. One of the best kinds of pizza suited for herbivores is pesto pizza. Not only is pesto easy to make, but also very nutritious as a topping. You can know more about the best pizza topping combinations here.
Pesto offers several health advantages in addition to its fresh taste. When you eat a pesto pizza, specific molecules included in the components may help lower your chance of developing heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. To know more about how to make your pizza healthy, click here.
Thus, we've come to curate an article that will help you pair your pesto & other toppings with Pizza Bien's delicious authentic Neapolitan pizza from Italy. Without any further ado, let's begin!
Best Pesto Pizza Topping Combinations
Pesto pizza is undoubtedly delicious. However, the next question that comes to our minds is, "what goes on pesto pizza?" Well, you'll have to keep reading our article for that!
1. Portobello Mushroom and Pesto Pizza
While you pair your frozen pizza with pesto and other toppings, portobello mushrooms are a must-try. When you grill a portobello mushroom, the rich earthy flavors come out. This flavor profile matches the freshness of pesto and creates a perfect balance.
Indeed, it's one of the best pesto pizza toppings that will leave you longing for more. You can use a gluten-free crust for this pizza. To know more about gluten-free pizza, click here.
2. Pesto Tomato Cauliflower Crust Pizza
If you love to enjoy the whole pizza by yourself, this down-to-earth cauliflower crust pesto pizza will satisfy you! Fresh san-Marzano tomatoes, some parmesan cheese sprinkles, and the cauliflower crust will be a match made in heaven.
The cauliflower pizza crust has a flavor profile of its own that goes perfectly with pesto. Use chopped herbs that you can find for aromatic results. You can use a store-bought cauliflower crust to make your own. Read more about cauliflower crusts here.
3. Broccoli Pesto Pizza
If you're looking to eat an all-green meal, consider pairing your pesto with broccoli and zucchini. You can have a combination of toppings like fresh mozzarella or brie shredded on top of a pesto sauce, arugula, onions, broccoli, and zucchini.
If you follow the keto diet, this pizza will suit you! Just don't get shocked at how green the pizza is.
4. Goat Cheese, Kale, Tomato, and Pesto Pizza
If you're looking for a cheese that's more on the richer side, goat cheese will complement perfectly with your pesto pizza. You can use kale and tomato with lime juice for an extra touch of freshness.
The spicy, green pizza will make you full and your tastebuds satisfied. You can also use a bit of beet in your pesto to give it an earthy, slightly bitter taste. The earthy flavors will surely make your heart flutter!
5. Sun-Dried Tomato And Pesto Pizza
This homemade sun-dried tomato paired with pesto will leave you speechless. Burn some wood in your chimney and get the winter vibe going when you enjoy this delicate and simple pizza.
You can also use a blend of different cheeses or use Pizza Bien's Four Cheese pizza containing mozzarella di bufala, fontina, gorgonzola, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses. For a touch of acidity, use olives and tada!
6. Tomato Avocado Pesto Pizza
When you doubt the best pesto pizza topping ideas, you can try the easy tomato avocado pesto pizza. You can combine tomato sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and avocado over your pesto paste with this recipe.
The whole combination will surely make your pizza sauce taste heavenly. You can finish the entire pizza in one sitting if you use gluten-free or cauliflower pizza crust. Other optional elements to add to this pesto pizza topping combination are vegan chicken, tofu, chickpeas, etc.
7. Heirloom Tomato Pesto Pizza
Tomato is undoubtedly one of the best pesto pizza toppings. On top of that, if you have access to heirloom tomatoes, char them a bit so you can taste the smokiness of tomato in your presto pizza.
You can drizzle some olive oil on top to keep the freshness of the pesto intact when it bakes. Use freshly chopped veggies and herbs to top off the perfect pizza creation. This topping is best enjoyed with a thin pizza crust.
8. Prosciutto Pesto Pizza
Prosciutto is one of the best toppings that go with almost any pizza. When it comes to pesto, it pairs perfectly!
Prosciutto is delightfully sweet, salty and the texture is very smooth. The hue ranges from salmon pink to brownish-red when it comes to the hue.
If you're wondering what seasoning to pair with prosciutto, black pepper, garlic, juniper, and rosemary, feta, and oregano can be some of the best choices.
9. Pesto and Beans Pizza
If you have had enough with greens and want to try something with a bit more protein, the pesto and beans pizza can be your savior! This extraordinary combination features the goodness of pesto and the rich ground flavors of beans.
You can use any beans of your choice and cook them in any sauce you like. No matter what type of beans you use, you're indeed getting the mellow, buttery taste of the beans that make your chunky pesto pizzas super yummy!
10. Red-Pepper Pesto With Almonds and Cashews Pizza
If you're in the mood for something funky, you can use red pepper, broccoli, spinach, feta, along with a blend of different nuts. This pizza will be a little grainy, but be prepared to taste the creaminess of the elements when it all comes together!
Your pesto sauce will already contain blended pine nuts. Hence, make sure you use whole nuts on top of each slice of your pizza to make it pop. A touch of basil to top off the pizza will be the cherry-on-top for your pizza.
Tips For Making The Best Pesto
To utilize the best out of your pesto pizza, we’ve developed the best tips to make pesto at home. Check them out below!
- Wash the greens well before eating. Pesto should be grit-free. You can also use vegetable washes to ensure your greens have no dirt in them.
- Wash your greens in the cold, not hot, water. Hot water will make them limp. Dry them with a salad spinner or kitchen towels.
- To balance the flavors well, use less basil and more parsley. This will surely add a fun aspect you'll enjoy.
- Assess your garlic use. Pesto recipes usually call for 1-2 cloves. Start with two garlic cloves for a spicy pesto. If you just use 1, the taste will be more subtle. However, things may be different if you're a garlic lover: You can add three cloves too!
- Pesto utilizes pricey pine nuts—substitute walnuts or pecans. Toasted nuts are best used in recipes. Add the nuts to a medium-low heat pan and often stir until they start to smell roasted, and they will do the job just fine!
- Pick an olive oil you like eating directly from the bottle. If in doubt, salt and pepper some bread and then dip it in olive oil. Extra virgin olive wells also do just fine!
- Before you put everything in the food processor, chop the ingredients well. This will prevent excess oil release from the nuts and less bruising on your basil leaves.
- Don't worry if your pesto is chunky! Pesto is not meant to be soupy or completely smooth. A little chunk here and there will bring lots of texture to your pesto pizza.
- Because cheese is so little, grate it softly using a manual grater and add it last. Make sure to add Parmesan and not hard cheese like mozzarella.
- The essential thing to remember while preserving basil is that it may become brown. Pour olive oil on top of the pesto to keep away oxidizing air. Alternatively, press plastic wrap into the pesto. You'll be able to refrigerate it for up to 5 days after sealing.
- You can also choose to ice the pesto using ice trays. It will stay intact, and the nutrient value won't change either! You can pop your pesto cubes out of the fridge and use them as a topping for your authentic Neapolitan pizza from Italy.
Cheesy pesto goodness on top of a crust of your choice can be the inspiration for your next meal. You can also make your pesto topping gourmet by using Pizza Bien's Gourmet Sampler pizza. This savory meal will not only be delicious but perfect for your diet and weight control.
Hence, we hope this article has helped you determine the best pesto pizza toppings.
Our delicious pizzas are handmade with all-natural of high quality and fresh ingredients in Italy delivered straight to you, anywhere in the U.S. Free Shipping to most locations. Click Here to Buy Now!