You may have pondered how to eat an Italian pizza (Neapolitan pizza) while eating one and, more significantly, how Italians eat it. Do they eat with their hands or with cutlery? Let us help you understand how pizza is consumed in the country.
We consume it for lunch, dinner, and even breakfast at home, in pizzerias, at the table, and occasionally even on the couch. There are various situations where eating pizza is appropriate, however, there are two specific methods that are disputed and pose the following query: should pizza be eaten with hands or with cutlery? If you've ever been unsure about how to properly consume Italian pizza, and what the proper etiquette of eating the pizza is, we are here to tell you. Anything from Napoles pizza to your cheesy favorites, eating etiquette is to be maintained.
Pizza is typically consumed with hands and cutlery in Italian Napoles pizzerias and eateries. In fact, many people consume their pizza in both ways at various times. Even though, in theory, eating pizza at the table requires using silverware, this still occurs.
Italian pizza etiquette: how to eat it properly?
If we wish to practice excellent manners, may we eat pizza with our hands? Etiquette forces us to deal with a paradox that is inappropriate for an Italian. In truth, pizza should always be consumed with utensils in accordance with good etiquette.
Yes, even though pizza is the majesty of casual foods, eating it with a knife and fork is required in both formal and informal settings according to etiquette theory. As always, take little nibbles, bring the food to your lips (not the other way around), and don't let the toppings fall to the dish.
When is it appropriate to eat pizza with your hands?
Pizza by the slice (sliced pizza), which is regarded as authentic street cuisine, is the only exception that allows one to consume it with our hands securely and without using silverware. It is actually a four-piece, slightly shrunk pizza that is meant to be eaten with the hands while walking, much like a sandwich. You can search for pizza in Napoli near me in search engines.
How should I use my hands to eat a Neapolitan pizza?
Let's talk more about the unforgettable sensation of devouring a true Neapolitan pizza, which is unquestionably enhanced when done with your bare hands. Let's start with the fact that Neapolitan pizza is soft and light rather than crispy and able to stay straight when lifted from the dish. For some people, it may be easier to eat it with cutlery in order to prevent the slice from sagging and losing some of the toppings on the plate.
In Italy, we fold each slice in half lengthwise, starting at the ledge and working our way to the tip, after cutting the pizza into four (or even six) pieces. If the tip is too soft, use a fork to aid yourself and fold it inward to prevent things like Napoli mozzarella and tomato sauce from falling off.
How do Italians eat pizza in restaurants?
There are a few additions when eating pizza in a restaurant, but these general guidelines still apply. As was previously stated, pizza is a casual food. Because of this, there may be a few minor exceptions to the norm, but it is perfectly okay to eat pizza with a fork and knife at a restaurant. There are no other options that are completely considerate of good manners, particularly if you're in an upscale establishment to have a gourmet pizza.
To begin with, the pizza slices should be thinly cut and placed on the plate. When biting into a highly topped pizza, care must be taken to prevent topping spillage. To lighten the slice that you will eventually eat with your hands once you realize that the toppings are too much to eat "safely" along with the pizza slice, you might begin by eating the toppings with a fork and knife before going on to cutting the crust.
Cutting a slice of pizza, eating the point-topped portion with a knife and fork, and then deftly bringing the portion with the puffy crust to your mouth with your hands are brilliant strategies. In actuality, the crusted edge offers a solid, dry, clean hold that makes it possible to eat with your fingers without getting them messy. Napolis Pizzeria offers a wide variety of pizza variants.
Mistakes to avoid if you order pizza in Italian restaurants.
Other unwritten regulations concerning pizza in restaurants and pizzerias are also present, which we Italians take for granted. If you want to eat pizza like an Italian, avoid making the following blunders or adopting the following behaviors:
- Pizza should only be consumed hot; it should not be allowed to chill. Wait until it is safe to eat if it is scorching, but it shouldn't be cold.
- Another mistake is beginning with the rim of the crust; instead, always begin with the center or tip of the individual slices.
- It's equally vital to cut the pizza precisely into four or six uniform slices rather than several "crooked" ones, which would spoil the topping and appearance.
- Even so, many diners choose to leave the pizza crust edge on their plates rather than consume too many carbohydrates. However, if the topmost portion of the middle of the pizza is left over, it indicates that the pizza was not enjoyed.
- It's acceptable to eat pizza with a fork and knife, but take care not to squeak the dish when you cut it with the knife; your dining companions won't appreciate that.
- It makes no sense to order two pizzas for the same person at the same time, and a pizza plate takes up a lot of room on the table. Instead, place a single order and then request a second if you still feel hungry.
- If you're not really hungry, know that it's acceptable to ask for a pizza to share with a friend. You will be given a pizza and an empty plate so you can split it with your friend; in this instance, use utensils to avoid touching the food that others are currently eating.
Napoli mozzarella and Napoles pizza etiquette are important to follow when in Italy. With Pizza Bien, you get to enjoy a wide array of pizzas. Multiple doughs, different crusts, sauces, ingredients, and seasonings all shipped right from the one and only Naples. Place your order today and enjoy this amazing array of pizzas. Click here to buy now!